A delicious pasta recipe for the fall. To make your life easy, instead of making the pasta dough from scratch, you can buy some sheets of fresh pasta dough from a local pasta store, or (and I shouldn’t tell you this even if everyone’s doing it) use square won ton wrappers!!!
This pasta marries well with slightly browned butter, few sage leaves and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan.
- 1 lb pumpkin raw
- 7 oz ricotta
- 2 tbsp amaretto cookies crushed
- 1.5 0z parmesan cheese grated
- 1 each large egg
- 1/2 lb fresh pasta dough
- 1 pinch nutmeg ground
- Peel and cut the pumpkin in pieces.
- Saute the pieces in a pan with a little olive oil, salt and pepper for few minutes. Finish to cook the squash in the oven at 400 until very soft to the touch, about 1-1.5 hour.
- Chop the cooked pumpkin with a mixer until it turns into a pulp. Add the ricotta, the egg, the crushed cookies, salt, pepper, nutmeg and the Parmesan cheese. Mix well with a spatula and put the filling in a pastry bag.
- With the help of a pasta machine lay a thin sheet of pasta on the working table. Put the squash filling on the sheet in small dollops a few centimeters apart along the sheet. Brush the sheet with a mixture of beaten egg and water. Cut the ravioli in squares and fold them with your hands, making sure all the ends are sealed. Let them dry for 10 minutes.
- Cook the ravioli in abundant boiling salted water for few minutes. Drain and serve with your favorite sauce.