There is nothing tastier, healthier, easier to make and more comforting than this soup in the cold winter months. You can “adorn” it with all kind of toppings. My favorite: crumbled goat cheese and a drizzle of pungent olive oil. What I’ve given you is a great soup foundation, it’s up to you to make it your own!
- 12 oz Red Onion thinly sliced
- 2 lb broccoli chopped
- 1 lb potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1.5 qt vegetable stock or water
- Wash the broccoli.
- Put the oil and the onions in a pot and cover. Let it soften on medium heat.
- Stir occasionally until golden brown.
- Add the broccoli, the potatoes and the stock. Bring to a slow boil, almost simmering.
- When the vegetable are very soft to the touch move the soup from the fire and blend it with a food processor or a mixer.