An Italian version of the All-American corn chowder…without the dairy!
Country Chicken and Corn Soup
Write a review
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Stalk of Celery
- 18 oz Chicken thigh meat
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 15 oz Peeled Potato
- 1 Cup Fresh Sweet Corn
- 1 Roma tomato, peeled and crushed
- 2 qt Chicken Stock or Water
- Chop the red onion, carrot and celery very finely and pour it with the oil in a pot on medium fire.
- Stir until it gets a golden color, add the chicken previously diced (1/2 inch).
- Let it braise on medium fire, when it begins to stick to the pot add the white wine, let the alcohol evaporate and add the potatoes cut in thin slices, the stock and the Roma tomato.
- Cook the soup for 5 minutes on a low boil and add the corn. Finish cooking until the potato break apart, at this point stir the soup with a whisk to crush the potatoes.
- For a more chunky and brothy soup skip crushing the potatoes with the whisk.
Cooking By Massimo http://www.cookingbymassimo.com/