This is an exquisite and very versatile recipe. It is a great side dish, it can be tossed in a salad or sauteed with pasta. Add more liquid and few extra minutes of cooking and you’ve created a healthy, mouthwatering soup.
Braised Green Lentils
Write a review
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Red Onion Finely Chopped
- 2/3 Cup Celery Finely Chopped
- 2/3 Cup Carrot Finely Chopped
- 1 1/4 Dried Green Lentils
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, and celery and sauté until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add lentils and bay leaves, stir 1 minute. Add stock and bring to boil. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until lentils are “al dente”, stirring occasionally.
- Carnivores tip: adding few pieces of bacon will add great flavor and texture to the dish.
Cooking By Massimo http://www.cookingbymassimo.com/